This is my kids' new friend. It is a cat. They call her NewKit.
The cat always come to the backyard and wants to get inside the house.
The kids let the cat to come in because the weather is so cold.
They are taking care the cat at home.
The neighbour also come to visit the cat and share some food for the cat, too.
We don't know who has this cat. Our kids love this cat.
My kids ask me "How can the cat or other animal can survive in this cold weather?"
I share some of hadiths and ayah of Al Qur'an to explain it.
Insha Allah, we will hear other sharing story about animals.
Animals in Hadiths
- Narrated Ibn ‘Umar:
The Prophet said, “A woman entered the (Hell) Fire because of a cat which she had tied, neither giving it food nor setting it free to eat from the vermin of the earth.”
Volume 4, Book 54, Number 535 : Sahih Bukhari
Narrated by Abu Huraira. Muslim, Vol. 4, Hadith No. 2244.
Animals in Qur'an
- "There is no creature on (or within) the earth or bird that flies with its wings except (that they are) communities like you…".
Let's learn more about animals in Islam.
We knew that:
- We can not have dog inside our house. The salive of dog is impure (Najis).
- We can not eat pig and other animals that are not slaughtered by saying in the name of Allah (Bismillah).
- We have to be nice to animals.
- We can not torture animals if we have to kill the animal.