This youth retreat were gathering because they were all Muslim regardless their culture. The kids have to understand that Muslim were from all over the world.
They have to respect other culture that were different with their culture at home.
On Friday night, there were about 70-80 kids gathering in masjids. After praying Isha, one of the organizer was giving short lecture to the kids.
He said that "What is the best worship after all obligatory worship?"
All the kids tried to answer. The kids answered, "It's Tahajjud or Qiyammul Layl."
He also told the kids what they will learn to night.
- Tahajjud or Qiyamul Layl.
- Straight line in salah and no making gap of the saff (row).
- Manner in sleep.
- Waking up and Taking wudhu after short sleep.
"The best thing was taking wudhu in difficult time such as in cold water."
The kids were also:
- learning how to be good muslim.
- meeting new friends, young and old.
- watching story of prophet Ibrahim alayhi wa salam.
- watching the fun movie, too. It's about "Panda Kung Fu."
- other fun activities on Saturday, all day long until at night.
On Saturday morning, there were more youths joining the retreat for the day.
This Youth Retreat was very good for youth Muslim in this country where majority was not Muslim. The Youths need to continue learning about Islam religion at home or in masjid. We have to remember that the best teacher for our kids are their parents at home.
Insha Allah, next year there will be Youth Retreat with more new faces for the participants and the organizers.
Special Thanks for the organizers. Jazakum Allah Khair.
May Allah give all the rewards for all you have done to the youth. I think the kids will always remember this useful and fun experience in their life time.